Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yosemite National Park

Yosemite is known for their tall redwood trees. They have such big trees that you couldn't even see the top even if you wanted to!


Yosemite, it is one of the first National Parks in the United States with giant cliffs, mountains, waterfalls, and of course trees. It was once a home for Native Americans, but once the white explorers invaded they were going to destroy the land to build a dam. But because of it's beauty many opposed and brought the President to witness the vast beauty of nature and named it Yosemite National Park.






When we went camping at Yosemite, we got to do a lot of fun activities such as, visiting the waterfall, camping games with a bear encounter, and seeing one of the biggest trees that was cut in Yosemite.


The waterfall at Yosemite was one of the first waterfalls (up close) I had ever seen. We got to walk up right next to it and felt as if I could have almost jumped off! I wouldn't have of course but it seemed fun at the time. We were so close we felt the water mist all over us. Of course it wasn't just mist, it was practically hosing us down.






The camping games were the best. We got to all go inside the tent and drink hot chocolate as we played "Uno" (one of my favorite games) and all of a sudden I hear my best friends mom scream. We hear all the parents calling us out of the tent. During all the commotion, all 6 of us got out of the tent and saw the bear right above our camping site on top of a rock! I was pretty young at that time but I sure wasn't scared. Anyway all of our parents were yelling at us to hurry up and get inside the car. As all of us went inside the car another bear came onto the camp site! The bears were walking around the site and poking their noses inside the tents and one of them was right in front of our car window. It was soooo cool! my mom freaked out but that was one of the coolest moments I'll always remember. The forrest ranger ended up coming and told us to keep our food in the bin when we sleep and if the bears come near again, just make a lot of noise and yell. The bears never came back, but I got to tell people that I saw a bear a thin glass away.






The next stop was going to see this huge tree that was previously cut and hoisted up horizontally for tourist such as I to go and take picture. We finally drove their and took pictures. I stood before it and I felt like a tiny ant compared to it. I never knew there were such large and breathtaking things from nature. I stood before something that was literally larger than life. It was one of those moments where I really thought what else is out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment