San Luis Obispo is known for their quiet nature surroundings. Everywhere you look you see mountains, hills, green, trees, and more green. So visiting San Luis Obispo to visit my boyfriend, my friend and I took a road trip and swore to do every local activity possible. Once we arrived one of the activities we did was hiking. We hiked a place called Bishop and thinking it was a quick causal nice walk up the hill, I was wrong! I almost felt as if they lied to me and my friend. This hike was serious business. The beginning wasn't too bad, the ground was flat, and there was shade from all the trees. We were able to take nice pictures until we kept walking. The hike was started to have an incline, a very steep incline might I add. I kept complaining considering I didn't have anything to eat, and I am a very grumpy person without any food in me. It was the never-ending hike. It was hot, rocky, humid, and difficult to do. But almost every single person that walked by you said hello! hows it going!? People were quite happy. I was having a hard day, but everyone else was enjoying every second of it. I almost wanted to get my act together and start appreciating the beautiful nature and day, but I was too hungry for that nonsense. So after an hour, we finally made it up to the top of the HUGE hill after a long hot hike. And the hike was worth it. The top of the hill overlooked every single part of SLO and more. The top was now freezing! I was just full of complaints that day, but it was fun. I enjoyed the 2 HOUR hike.
The next thing we did was go to a beautiful winery. This local spot was only 10 minutes away and had more fun than I did hiking. We arrived at the winery and started our wine tasting! I am honestly not such a big fan of wine but some were good and I had a lot of fun. After going through some of the wines, we bought a bottle of our own got to play botchy ball which I love!
San Luis Obispo has so many delicious places to eat at. One in particular was McClintock's. This place has a little country feel with deer heads and other animals heads on the wall and live music. We had steak, mashed potatoes, and fries, and vegetables. It was mouth-watering and I crave it to this day. The atmosphere and food is something to remember and makes you want to come back for more.







No comments:
Post a Comment